Skip to main content

The Story Behind: Wait for the Guy

So we have all been there before, told ourselves after a break up or getting our heart broken that we would never repeat our past and date "that" type of person again.  BUT again and again, we fall for the same type of person that breaks our heart. We make excuses for them, we hope they will change, we only ignore things that were once important to us, etc.   During one of my break-ups I decided to stay firm this time when dating, stay firm as to what I wanted in a partner.

I needed to "Wait for the Guy"!  I read an online article that about wait for the guy that made an impact on me: https://thoughtcatalog.com/becca-martin/2017/02/this-is-the-kind-of-guy-you-should-wait-for-2/.  I saved the article, I printed it out and read it often.

Of course we can't expect perfection from someone, we are all human - none of us are perfect! However, we can expect someone to treat us the way we all deserve to be treated, and to make us a priority among many other things.  AND we in turn, want to treat someone as a priority and treat them they way they deserve to be treated, but not at the expense of our own dignity. It's time to stop wasting time on all the wrong ones and make room in your life for the right ones! 

(Side note: Wait for the Guy is a general phrase - this blog applies to all genders.  No matter what gender we are, we are all deserve that person that treats us the way we should be treated in a relationship.)

Comments